Contact and Hours
I want to walk in
- Mon-Fri 9:30 - 3:00
- Tues 9:30-6:00 (if library is open)
I want to call the archives
(262) 595-2411 Archives
(262) 595-2077 Anna
- Mon-Fri 9:00-5:00
- Tues. until 6:00 (if library is open)
Welcome to the Records Management Lib Guide, your trustworthy resource for managing records at UW-Parkside.
If you are here, you probably want an answer to the pressing question:
What do I do with this stuff?
Your answers are in this guide and if they are not, please contact me, Anna Stadick. I and my very competent staff will help you.
The answer to "What do I do?" is simple:
1. Figure out what it is.
2. Determine whether it is a record. (see the Non-Records tab above)
3. Check if there are any rules telling how long you can keep it or how soon you may destroy it. (See the GRS and RRDA tabs above. Several or many GRSs may apply to a given office or department.)
4. If there are not, ask Anna for help.
5. Keep it, send it to the archives or destroy as directed. (see Forms above)
The other tabs are for your information, especially if you are wondering who determines this process or how it works. FAQ is a good start.
My RM will let you know where your specific department or office can look for Records Schedules for your particular records.
Electronic Records are just records like any other with specific characteristics and needs. See the tab for more information.
I make Office Calls to give advice, look at records, or pick them up. Feel free to schedule one. If I have nothing for your area, or I want to be sure we know the kind of records your office is producing so I can write an appropriate schedule, I will contact you.