Contact and Hours
I want to walk in
- Mon-Fri 9:00 - 4:00 (unless library/campus is closed)
I want to call the archives
(262) 595-2411 Archives
- Mon-Fri 8:30-4:30 (unless library/campus is closed)
Welcome to the Records Management Guide, your trustworthy resource for managing records at UW-Parkside.
You probably are asking yourself:
What do I do with this stuff?
Your answers are in this guide and if they are not, please contact me, Anna Stadick.
Here are some easy steps to managing your records:
1. Figure out what it is and who (what person or department) created it.
2. Determine whether it is a record. (see the Non-Records tab above)
3. Check if there are any rules telling how long you can keep it or how soon you may destroy it. (See the GRS and RRDA tabs above. Several or many GRSs may apply to a given office or department. Call me with questions.)
4. If you don't find any relevant rules ask me for help.
5. Keep it, send it to the archives or destroy as directed. (See Forms / Sending above for steps in sending materials to the archives.)
The other tabs are for your information, especially if you are wondering who determines this process or how it works. FAQ is a good start.
Electronic Records are just records like any other with specific characteristics and needs. See the tab for more information or contact me with any questions.
I make Office Calls to give advice, look at records, or pick them up. Feel free to schedule one.