The UW-Parkside Library and its collections and equipment serve UWP students, faculty, and staff and the UW System academic community. It welcomes public users and reserves the right to restrict certain services to the campus community. For detailed information about borrowing library materials, see UW-Parkside Circulation Policies.
These guidelines govern use of library facilities:
- Authorized library staff must approve requests for use of facilities for meetings, events, performances, exhibits, filming, and other functions outside of normal library uses.
- The library’s third floor (L3) is a designated silent area, free of conversations, noises, and distractions.
- A parent or adult should accompany children under 10 at all times. Parents are responsible for their children’s use of library resources.
- Users must leave during emergency situations and evacuations and whenever library staff or safety personnel request they leave. Unauthorized individuals may not enter or remain in the library when it is closed.
- Vending, peddling, and/or solicitation of merchandise or services, including but not limited to distributing advertisements or other materials, and/or conducting unauthorized surveys, are prohibited in the library’s public areas.
- Food and non-alcoholic beverages are allowed in public areas of the library, except in Archives. Users should keep food and drink away from library materials and clean up after themselves.
- Users must not engage in disorderly or disruptive behavior, including but not limited to carrying weapons, turning off lights, and vaping (using e-cigarettes).
- Users must wear shoes at all times.
- Users must not interfere with an employee's performance of his/her duties nor subject library users or employees to physical or verbal abuse or harassment.
- Due to safety and other concerns, the library no longer allows student organizations to paint on windows, as of May 2019.
- Requests coming from faculty & staff to promote campus-wide initiatives and other community events will be considered on a case-by-case basis.