iPad Check-Out Policy
UW-Parkside Library iPad Check-Out Policy
- iPads come equipped with a basic set of applications and some additional academic-based applications.
- Only current UW-Parkside students will be able to check out iPads on a first-come, first-served basis. You must have a picture ID in order to check out an iPad.
- iPads may be borrowed for a period of up to eight hours. They may not be renewed or placed on reserve.
- With iPad location services, the Library will be aware of where the iPad is located, and if necessary, may retrieve it from the borrower.
- One iPad per person may be checked out. Never check out the iPad for someone else.
- Borrowers must complete and sign a lending agreement form accepting responsibility for any loss or damage to the iPad and any costs of repair or replacement.
- All iPads and their equipment must be returned one hour prior to the library closing, regardless of time checked out.
- If there is a problem with the iPad, please immediately return it to the Circulation Desk.
- Overdue fines for iPads are $10.00/hour with no maximum. Lost, stolen or damaged iPads will be assessed a fine of $600.00, lost power cords/adapters - $40.00, and lost cases - $50.00
- Borrowers are responsible for any violations of the UW-Parkside Network Access and Code of Practice Policy (Policy 58) http://www.uwp.edu/departments/governance/admin/policy/policy58.cfm
- Do not leave any equipment unattended. The borrower is responsible for the iPad and all of its accessories when it is checked out, and will be assessed fines and/or fees for any loss or damage, whether external or internal.
- Library staff can only offer limited assistance and help with the use of hardware and software for the iPad.
- Do not attempt to tamper with the iPad hardware or software.
- Each iPad will be restored to a default setting upon each check in, deleting all data apps from the previous user. The library is not responsible for anything you load or leave on library equipment.
- Always return the iPad and its accessories to a person. Do not leave the iPad unattended on the Circulation counter or in the drop bin. Hand the equipment to the person on duty and wait until he/she checks the iPad in.