The proctoring of examinations is a service offered by the University of Wisconsin Parkside Library. The library will offer proctoring services based on the availability of personnel, facilities and technology to do so.
Parkside faculty, students and staff, as well as community members, are eligible for this service.
[There is a flat fee of $25 for each exam proctored. All fees are payable just prior to taking the exam. The library accepts cash, personal checks and credit cards.]
All reference librarians, full and part-time, are able to proctor exams, as allowed by their work schedule. Tests must be scheduled with the proctor a minimum of 7 business days in advance. Tests will be scheduled during the proctor’s regular work hours, Monday through Friday between 9AM and 5PM.
- The student will allow sufficient time to take the examination before the deadline that has been established by the institution.
- The student will be required to present a valid picture I.D. at the time of the exam.
- Proctors will not monitor a student continuously during an exam, but may check on the student periodically.
- Proctors will enforce any time limits that are placed on the exam, as well as other rules set forth in the examination materials. The use of cell phones or visiting with others is prohibited. Any perceived violation of the posted rules for the exam will be reported to the educational institution.
- Tests offered in a computer format must be compatible with the hardware and software available on the Library workstations.
- Prior contact between the testing institution and the proctor is required so that credibility and testing requirements can be verified.
- Librarians cannot proctor exams that students bring in themselves.
- Librarians will not sign a proctoring verification that attests to more than the staff member has been able to do.
- The Library will not be responsible for any delayed tests, nor for any completed tests once they leave the library’s possession and have been mailed back to the educational institution.
- The Library will not be responsible for tests that are interrupted by Library emergencies, power failures, or computer hardware or software failures.
- The Library reserves the right to substitute a proctor in the event of the original proctor’s absence.
Responsibilities of the test taker
- Fill out the Application for Proctoring Service online form found here: http://bit.do/ExamProctoring. A librarian will then contact you schedule your exam and to complete the necessary paperwork your school requires.
- Your school may have specific requirements for proctoring. Check with the proctor to make sure the Library can meet all of the requirements.
- Call prior to your test to make sure the test or login information has arrived. The proctor does not contact you when the exam arrives.
- Provide necessary postage for mailing back the test to your school
- Arrive promptly at the agreed-upon time, prepared with the items required for taking the test. These may include picture I.D., money, pens/pencils and calculator. Only items listed in the instructions will be allowed in the test area. You are responsible for securing personal items before the test begins.
- Exams not taken by the date on which they were to be completed are either discarded or returned.
- In the case of specialized software or a specialized device is needed to proctor the exam, UW-Parkside highly recommends that users bring in their own equipment and install the software on these devices. For a documented disability or other circumstances, UW-Parkside Library will try to provide reasonable accommodations given enough advance notice. UW-Parkside Library is not liable for the installation, procurement, or support of any specialized software used during proctored exams.
Please contact Shauna Borger (email@example.com, 262-595-2602) with any questions or comments.