Skip to main content

Records management: Transferring Records to the Archives

Records management at UW-Parkside: What do I keep? What do I toss? What goes to the archives?

Contact and Hours

In Person


  • Mon-Fri 9:00 - 4:00 (unless library/campus is closed)

By Phone

(262) 595-2411

  •  Mon-Fri 8:30-4:30 (unless library/campus is closed)



Our Website

Records Forms

When you need to send paper or electronic records to the archives because a GRS or RRDA requires it, or if you believe documents to have historical value, follow these steps:

  1. Contact the archives and ask for records boxes (if needed).
  2. Pack your paper records in boxes. Call or email us about electronic records or if you need help packing boxes.
  3. If records are on paper, fill out one Records Box Label (download below) for each box. Print the labels and attach to the boxes.
  4. Complete a Records Transfer Form online.
  5. Bring your materials to the archives (during open hours) or call us if you need help. Do not leave records unattended in public areas.

Subject Guide

Rebecca Robbennolt's picture
Rebecca Robbennolt
(262) 595-2411

University of Wisconsin-Parkside Library   |   Contact Us
900 Wood Road Kenosha, WI 53141 | (262) 595-2238