When you need to send paper or electronic records to the archives because a GRS or RRDA requires it, or if you believe documents to have historical value, follow these steps:
- Contact the archives and ask for records boxes (if needed).
- Pack your paper records in boxes. Call or email us about electronic records or if you need help packing boxes.
- If records are on paper, fill out one Records Box Label (download below) for each box. Print the labels and attach to the boxes.
- Complete a Records Transfer Form online.
- Bring your materials to the archives (during open hours) or call us if you need help. Do not leave records unattended in public areas.