Skip to main content

Records management: Office Calls

Records management at UW-Parkside: What do I keep? What do I toss? What goes to the archives?

Contact and Hours

In Person


  • Mon-Fri 9:00 - 4:00 (unless library/campus is closed)

By Phone

(262) 595-2411

  •  Mon-Fri 8:30-4:30 (unless library/campus is closed)



Our Website

Office Calls

Office Calls

While I encourage you to read through this site thoroughly to find the GRSs applicable to you and the RRDAs written for records your office produces, some situations call for expert advice. At times it is easier and more efficient for me visit your office or storeroom to look at your records and help you decide what to do with them.

Please feel free to contact me (see Contact Information to the left) to arrange a visit or to answer any questions.

How a visit works:

  • Locate all of the files you have beforehand, so that we can review them all at once. (Don’t forget electronic files!)
  • I will come to your office to survey the files, in order to determine:
    • what they are,
    • whether or not they are records,
    • and which GRS and RRDAs apply to them.
  • If no guidelines apply to certain records, I will make note of it so an RRDA can be created for approval by the WI Public Records Board
  • I will send a summary of the result of the survey to you so that you can follow the relevant guidelines.
  • If some of the material will be sent to the archives, I will provide boxes to you (if needed) and create an Accession Number for you. You can download box labels and a records transfer form. (See Forms tab above.) Fill these out and send the materials to the archives.

Subject Guide

Rebecca Robbennolt's picture
Rebecca Robbennolt
(262) 595-2411

University of Wisconsin-Parkside Library   |   Contact Us
900 Wood Road Kenosha, WI 53141 | (262) 595-2238