The University of Wisconsin-Parkside Library provides a number of services or accommodations aimed at equalizing access to library resources for students, faculty and staff with disabilities. All staff working in public service areas of the library will make every effort to accommodate reasonable requests from users with disabilities. The type and nature of the special assistance is usually determined by the request. While most special assistance can be given at the time of request, it is a good idea to make an appointment for non-routine accommodations. To make an appointment for special assistance, phone the library front desk (262) 595-2238.
- The library’s double front doors are typically propped open whenever the library is open, providing easy access for all. However, when there is a very loud event in Main Place, the doors are closed to insulate library users from the noise.
- Elevator access is available to all levels of the library.
- Accessible restrooms and study rooms are available on levels 1, 2 and 3 of the library.
- Study rooms can be reserved in advance online. In-person and phone reservations can also be made (262) 595-2238.
- Computers on the first floor accommodate wheelchair access.
- Photocopiers and the Bookeye scanner are wheelchair accessible. If you have difficulty using either, obtain assistance at the front desk.
- Laptops with wireless capabilities are available for checkout and can be taken to all public areas of the campus.
- If you have difficulty retrieving books, periodicals, CDs, and other items, request at the front desk that a library staff member get the items for you.
- If you have difficulty using the library in person, you are encouraged to try one of our alternative methods for consulting reference librarians: email: firstname.lastname@example.org or online chat: http://libguides.uwp.edu/content.php?pid=85126&sid=633726
- The library attempts to make its website ADA compliant. If you have difficulty using it, contact the Digital Initiatives Librarian, Melissa Olson.
The UW-Parkside Library and UW-Parkside Disability Services work together to provide assistance to students, faculty and staff with disabilities. UW-Parkside Disability Services website: http://www.uwp.edu/live/offices/disabilityservices/
Last revised 10/17